Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What is it with 4am?!?!

Apparently I think better when I'm unconscious.

I'm a pretty deep sleeper, so I was already staggering into the living room as I re-gained consciousness... I was vaguely aware of standing there scratching my head trying to figure out what all the racket was, and why it was coming from the corner of the room... my hot water heater was sounding like an idling diesel truck with a bent muffler.

*blinks*

I pulled the cover off... tried to look at it with my eyes closed, then stumbled over to the wall and turned the thermostat all the way down. Silence, even relative silence is golden. I stumbled back to bed, and upon checking how much longer I had to sleep found it was 4am... you have got to be kidding me *sigh* it's gonna be a no-shower double coffee kind of day, I can tell already.

The funny part though was talking to my roommate as he was thinking he should have hauled himself out of bed, because it had occurred to him that I might have just killed all the breakers in the apartment.

I had to admit that it hadn't even occurred to me... although I'm not exactly sure how I thought of the thermostat either.

No comments:

Post a Comment