Saturday, March 02, 2013

From the Commodore

Staying at a wonderful Backpackers here in Wellington another night to continue seeing the 6 story museum. We got 2 1/2 stories done yesterday but the main floor is just food and stuff and the 5th floor is closed til the end of March so only 1 1/2 floors left.  We're going to do laundry today, get some groceries, do some planning for the North Island, pay bills, etc.

The dolphins were amazing and once I get a proper mask I'll go again.  My mask kept filling the nose piece with water and I kept panicking and trying to clear it and climbing on the boat to clear it with no success so I didn't spend as much time in the water as I would have liked.  We were in a super pod that day 400+ Dusky dolphins, all ages, sizes with males doing courting dances which was so incredible.  I could have stayed out all day watching them!

No comments:

Post a Comment