Friday, May 22, 2020

So this genious genius, *facepalm* I can't even spell genius properly this morning... *sigh*

whatever.

We have a three person sling-back swing that came with the house, and two small sling-back chairs we scored for free on the side of the road with a matching table! Anyways, they have all been getting less and less use as the material started to give way and sitting became a gamble, but instead of just throwing them out I was all "Wait! I can fix that!"

So the first one went pretty well actually, surprisingly well, until we got to the spreader bar part. I had initially thought we could just strong-arm them into place but had offhandedly picked up a 300lb spreader at HomeDepot because we were there for other stuff... (I'm pretty sure I have a guardian angel that looks out for me)

Yeah... the 300 lbs that I thought was overkill wasn't enough, we got one in and then with the bending/spring loading of the spreader bar we called it a day and gave up before something exploded and exchanged it for the 600 lb spreader bar - after that everything popped in like a dream and boom the first chair was done!

Ta da!


With my newfound confidence I started on the seat of the second chair.

Overconfident.

Forgot to double check my measurements after folding everything for the hem... sooooo I got to sit there and pull it all out with my new seam-ripper *sigh* ...and pick all the little bits of thread out *SIGH*

... then I ran out of thread on the bottom spool half way through stitching it again *aggravated sigh*

This one was definitely a case of "third time lucky"

Hopefully with my newly tempered confidence the remaining panels will go much more smoothly.



No comments:

Post a Comment