Thursday, June 12, 2014

Blood, sweat and tears...

Check two out of three, and I'm pretty sure that constitutes quality bonding time with your bike.

You know what the first rule of flying is? Love. 
You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as a turnin' of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

Makes her a home.

~Captain Malcom Reynolds - Firefly

Well, after this afternoon, I'd say I'm feeling about a hundred 'n fifty percent more love for this bike than I did this morning. Nothing but love in fact! Alright, I'm not gonna lie... I'm feeling something, and it stings a bit.


Leave it to me wipe out in the middle of the damn city. I'm not even entirely sure what happened... somewhere between uneven sidewalk, bad weight distribution and alternating bright sun and dark shadows I confirmed that my body hasn't forgotten how to tuck and roll. Must be kind of like... riding a bike.


There's nothing like a little road rash to remind you that you aren't invincible, and nothing like a good backpack to take a little of the hurt off. Thanks MEC for making good gear, and thanks Dad for always making sure I had good gear :)


I guess since I haven't actually posted this yet... it isn't an update so much as a continuation. 

I was trying to figure out when I became such a wuss, I mean my hip was hurting like I'd shredded it up, but there wasn't even a scratch there... Then the bruise came in, I know why I'm stiff, and I don't feel so bad now that there's something to show for it ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment