Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Under pressure thanks to network reset commands

For short periods of time I think I work better under pressure...

I just got my old laptop cleaned off, and connecting to the internet again *proud smile* it is chugging away installing the multitude of security patches and updates it missed while it was in timeout.

While I am not entirely sure what exactly fixed my problem *ticks off on fingers* multiple reboots, various malware scans in safe mode, cleaning of temp files, more reboots, eliciting the equivalent relief of a big dump by deleting and uninstalling various programs and files that I didn't need anymore... but I would like to give a shout out to this post I stumbled across which lists the commands for resetting the tcp/ip stack as well as winsock.

It's an older post, and you need to run the cmd window in administrator mode now, but I credit it with being nicely written and more importantly being the that which I most recently poked at and got my laptop connected.


No comments:

Post a Comment