Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween Shenanagins

Hokay so.

Truth: I love getting dressed up for Halloween, it's one of my favorite holidays
Confession: I went trick or treating this year with a little kid as cover, okay I only started and finished with the little guy... and I just turned 24

Okay but seriously, what's up with nobody going trick or treating... I mean sure there are some parents who don't want to drive their kid(s) around but come on, this only happens once a year people. And don't even get me started on people who don't want to walk their kids so they drive, I mean as if today's kids aren't chubby enough on average as it is, the walk will do them some good especially if they are going to be consuming all their candy. And really what's with the "I'll buy you a bag of candy if we don't have to go out" cop out... what's that supposed to teach kids, you don't work for it and I'll give you whatever you want? And we wonder why kids have motivation or work ethic, we're rewarding them for being lazy.

And what's up with all the prefab costumes, those are supposed to be a last resort, like when the dog pukes all over your costume from stealing halloween candy right before you go out last resorts.

Oh yeah another thing, I don't think there is any such thing as too old to go trick or treating. If you dress up, and are walking around working for it I think you earned the damn candy.

I suppose I'm a little biased though.

No comments:

Post a Comment