Saturday, February 22, 2014

Reminiscing about an operating system

Dear OS'ssss

Having recently been indoctrinated? into the Mac universe, using it during the day at work and my PC at home at night I've had plenty of time to compare the two.

Is one "better" than the other? Not really as far as I'm concerned. They're just different. I can do my job, or whatever it is I'm trying to do using both.

I've found that they each have their merits, different short cuts that are more intuitive or easier than the other, but that goes both ways there isn't a clear "winner".

But today it hit me!

One of the things I realized for the umpteenth time, is that although I haven't used a *nix machine in at least 9 years I *still* miss having the active window be the one your mouse is hovering over... so you don't have to click before you type.

It just makes sense.

Now please excuse me, I have to go Google it, someone probably has a work around.

1 comment:

  1. If you find it, let me in on the secret?

    ReplyDelete