Thursday, December 15, 2011

November echo to the Romeo delta

*squeeeee*!!!

It's way past my bedtime and I'm totally turning into a pumpkin, but I just got back from a NORAC meeting (local HAM radio club) and it was soooo cool! I reluctantly dragged myself out there after taekwondo figuring I should try and make it to at least one meeting this year and I'm so glad I did!

Nerds: People who get excited about doing something... because they can. 

These are my people.

One of the guys is reading up on antenna theory so he can build his own, another guy was talking about boosting the signal on a cheap helicopter so he could re-attach an anchor line to the top of his antenna without taking it down... and the coolest part of it all is just talking to people who are interested in learning new things.

I've noticed something... It doesn't matter what subject someone is talking about... if they are really honestly excited about it, it automatically gains at least +5 points of being way more interesting than in school.

I don't know if this is my 'something' that makes me want to jump out of bed in the morning, but it is certainly something that has piqued my curiosity and captured my interest *grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment