Sunday, December 09, 2012

A good day to ride

It was hard to believe it was the first day of December, and that I was up and ready to go relatively early... the weather was perfect, it felt like an early spring day.  Cool, but no frost... with the sun shining through gently warming everything.

I could feel the stiffness of unused muscles shaking the dust off, the wind on my face... and that feeling of being completely and absolutely free. I put on a burst of speed with reckless abandon, tearing down the street like a kid seeing how fast they can go down the hill without even considering how tired they're going to be after... or how they're going to stop.

It felt amazing.

With my wisdom of the ages I avoided the loose gravel, and started to slow down long before I hit stop signs and sharp corners... but I *did* hit every puddle I found *grins*

Absolutely nothing of note, or story-worthy happened... it was just a good day to ride :)




No comments:

Post a Comment