Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The meaning of a cup of coffee

I was having one of those afternoons just the other day, where I was daydreaming about how wonderful a hot, fresh cup of coffee would be right about then... when I returned to my desk to discover that some wonderful soul had left a cup of my favorite on my desk for me. I like my coffee like I like my cup size... double-d!

It was like the skies opened up and the angels sang *smiles*

But that got me to thinking. What does it mean? and more so what *can* it mean? Well let me count the ways... because while to you it may just look like a cup of something warm, it can be so much more.

A hot beverage from Timmy's can mean

Welcome, I'd like to introduce myself...
Hello, I'm not a coffee snob... and I'd like to be your friend.
I want to get to know you better, mind if we sit down and talk?

I know you don't understand what I said, but I can see how you might have taken it in a way I didn't mean at all, and for that I would like to sincerely apologize.
I'm sorry, please pardon my earlier rudeness.
I'm not sure what you're upset about, but I bring this as a peace offering.

Just thinking of you.
I appreciate you.
I just wanted to give you a reason to smile.

To warm you up.
*hugs*
Just because.

For a job well done.
I don't know how I can help, I wish I could but I can't... so I grabbed you a coffee.
Share a cup with me, and lets catch up I've missed you.

On top of all that, like the whip cream on the mocha... When someone remembers your favorite, well it's just that little extra bit of awesome... That my friend, means you're important. Important enough, that even though it may cause my head to explode and splatter the five phone numbers I know per person everywhere, I went to the effort of tucking in and remembering something you like... because I like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment