Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What does it all mean Mr. Horton?


I just heard that they are implementing a size name change at Timmy's...

So now when I order a large, I'm going to get an extra large amount... and on those days when I really need it, forget they've changed the damn sizes and order an extra large I'm going to get enough caffeine to wake up a moose and a hibernating grizzly bear. Awesome.

I wonder if it will come with a warning... Caution: may cause heart murmurs, and erratic behavior, do not attempt to sit after consuming contents...

Why the H.E. double hockey sticks are we changing the freaking cup sizes? I mean seriously. WTF over?!?? I don't care if they just added a double extra large that is now 24 oz. and they don't know what to call it. How about 'The two-fer' cause it's two for those with a spare hand of one.

I think what irritates me the most is that I know those are the sizes they use down in the States. I really appreciated that cup sizes here hadn't reached ludicrous... Ooooh that would be a good name for it! Anyways, what I mean, is there is no reason that *anyone* should EVER need to drink an entire liter of pop or anything else for that matter with their meal... well okay anything except di-hydrogen monoxide... But still, while I know we are more similar to the States than we are different in soooo many respects sometimes its the little differences that make me proud to say "I am Canadian", like healthier portion sizes of fast-foods.

Besides, if you really need that much coffee, buy two or take a thermos... at least the thermos will have half a chance of keeping it warm in the weather we've been having lately.

Yes I'm a little irritated... Is it for no good reason? Well mostly. What am I going to do about it? I am going to write a strongly worded letter, because otherwise I would have to apologize profusely if I talked to anyone in customer service.

1 comment:

  1. So let me get this straight...a Canadian based company decided to change the Canadian standard to match that of the USA? A country whose citizens living below the Mason-Dixon line have never heard of said company? HA! Resistance is futile!

    ReplyDelete