Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Compared to treeplanting...

I recently moved into a 30' RV camping trailer, which is to be my home for an indeterminate period of time. (I once moved into my best friends' mom's house for 2 weeks... and moved out 2 years later). It is parked next to my Aunt and Uncle's house. Most of my crap is unpacked, and I'm starting to settle in. At the rate I'm going I should just about have everything in place, and the internet hooked up by the time they need it to go camping this summer. Don't worry I'll tell you all about it, it's sure to be interesting.

In any case, I'm mostly settled in, the propane is hooked up, and the water is hooked up... so I'm like sweet I don't have to go trucking through the cold morning air into the house for a shower anymore, and then back again with wet hair. This is going to rock!

Trailer owner: So have you peed in the toilet yet, did'ja shower in your new place, have you? Huh? huh? huh?

Me: About that warm water thing... is there something I have to do to get more than 30 seconds of a hot shower?

Trailer owner: *sheepish grin* oh I think I forgot to show you that... *hehe* so how did that work out?

Me: It turned into a *sharp intake of breath* "shiiiiit" I'll just get my hair wet! Rinse and we're done shower! I definately did not wash all my 1000 parts!

At the moment, I'll take treeplanting over a trailer that I don't know how to work the hot water in. A hot shower is something that I thank the Gods for every morning, it's the one thing that gets me going like lightning does to Frankenstein. At least when I was tree planting the propane heated water was hot, and if it wasn't working you just yelled for Big Hairy Steve. He could fix anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment