Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Who thought this would be a good idea?!?!

Forgetting that it was the long weekend and that we were starting work on a Tuesday rather than a Monday, someone thought it would be a good idea to bike to work. Yes that someone was me. As usual the mostly downhill bike to work was a great. The ride home kinda sucked though.

As the day progressed the weather went from chilly and clear too uuber windy with sprinkles and the forecast of pouring rain and lightning storms. So there I am biking home, head down one pedal at a time, one of my clip-in thingees stopped working so I only had one foot clipped in, it's raining and windy and just generally gross.

Just ahead of me a car pulls out onto the main road and honks. I'm thinking WTF? I don't know anyone out here, and I don't recognize your car... I do the wave... and he pulls over into the middle of the street, rolls down his window and points out that down the road behind me there is a medium sized black bear! Well I'll be damned, I probably biked right past him as usual, neither of us paying any attention to the other ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment