Monday, May 04, 2009

Kids

Are we sent children to teach or to learn from?

This weekend I was visiting a friend of mine, who I do not visit nearly often enough. I was down on the floor playing with her one year old daughter, when she looked at me motored over, crawled up into my lap and snuggled into me. If that doesn't melt your frozen milk shake... It was so damn cute (her signature) but it just made me think how great kids are.

They don't care what you're wearing, how often you come to visit, how much money you make, what you do for a living or what kind of car you drive. If you are there for them, they accept it on such a basic level it's incredibly simple and powerful all at the same time.

They don't give you a hard time for not visiting, and they make the most of the fact that you are there. It's like "I missed you." Nuff said. Now lets do something together.

Maybe that's just something to keep in mind, everyone needs a snuggle now and then and maybe all that other stuff really isn't that important. The important thing is spending quality time with the people you love during the chances that you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment