Friday, March 18, 2011

I am an adult child of hippies


I was raised on powdered milk... and to add insult to injury, my closest extended family members love to bring it up and embarrass me with it every chance they get...

Hold up though I know it doesn't sound *that* bad, but that isn't the worst of it...

The worst of it is when the person I'm talking to nods knowingly, while giving me a look somewhere between revulsion and fascination, and says "Oooohhhhh" while nodding in the affirmative, as if it explains so many things about me that they just never understood until now.

We can't drink milk in the winter up here because it freezes in the cow... that's how we invented milkshakes. 

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, I'm pretty sure powdered milk comes from dehydrated cows...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:50 PM

    http://adultchildofhippies.blogspot.com/

    you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete