Monday, February 07, 2011

Ask and ye shall receive...

Last week I picked up a couple more pieces of furniture from a guy who is moving out of the country. He gave us a hand getting them into the truck, and offered to give us a hand moving them...

Shazam and I pulled the "We're tough, we totally got this!" (because in a previous life we were warriors who shouldn't have any trouble whatsoever with furniture)...  In any case, I'd just like to pause and say that I wish I'd had my previous life muscles that day, particle board desks and pull-out-bed-couches are frakkin' heavy!

So we get the particle board desk down off the back of the truck, start to swing it around to align it with the stairs and I promptly step on the only remaining piece of ice... Down I go! Somehow, I managed to catch the desk, not bruise my coccyx, and only give myself a double charlie horse!

Next we get the pull-out-bed-couch into position, maneuver it down the stairs... stand it up, and it decides to inspect the new apartment, pops out like a jack-in-the-box and pins Shazam to the wall! Luckily we managed to get it back in the box and under packing tape restraints so we could stuff it in the door.

It's been cool to watch how over the course of a month or so I've managed (with much help) to furnished a 2 bedroom apartment replete with a spare pull-out-bed-couch. I say this in the most loving way possible, but it's first year University ugly... Something only a momma bed and papa couch could love.

That said the spare bedroom will now affectionately be referred to as 'Residence'. It's more comfortable than the floor, but you wake up missing home ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment