Monday, February 28, 2011

Cue circus music

It seems hard to believe that it was only last weekend that my brother was fantastic and dropped my car off!

Armed with a bill of sale, the AB registration papers and the completed and signed transfer papers I made my first attempt at insuring The Fit. The transfer papers are quite obviously only for *within* the province of BC... as the AB registration number and drivers license numbers do not fit in any of the provided blanks, but of course that's the one you're supposed to use...

Phone calls were made... information was pulled up and I was informed that I had to get my car inspected. Despite the fact that I bought it here...

Curious how you're supposed to get an uninsured/unregistered vehicle down to get inspected? Well apparently you can get daily insurance for $60. We opted for the 'Chuck it on a lowbed trailer'... which could just as easily translate to "We'll just drive it down the back roads like we're trying to shake a tail in the wee morning hours, have it inspected and over to the insurance place before anyone notices"

It cost me $100 to have the car 'inspected' aka someone went out and made sure that the VIN number was correct... and took it for a test drive. They also make sure important things like my heaters work *rolls eyes* The insurance lady then had to reconfirm the confirmation that they inspection place did. *sigh*

What's really awesome though is that last year when I paid my insurance I rounded the cost up in my head. Which made the quote I received significantly lower than I thought it would be, and I'm totally okay with that. I think I'm going to do it again for next year.

Yes, I have been known to be one of those people who sets their clock ahead so that they're "on time"... I can admit it, it's pretty awesome when all it takes is changing your clock to change your perception of where you are in the space time continuum.

The Fit fits! I'm so excited the Fit is back, chewin' up the highway like a big ole velociraptor with hypothermia!

*meep meep*

No comments:

Post a Comment