Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Girlfriends

My Mom has amazingly wonderful girlfriends, I can't imagine what it would be like to lose any of my best friends. I hope that they know, they're not allowed to leave my life just yet.

Over the past week I've been there in the background for my Mom, and occasionally in the spotlight... but it's given me a unique place from which to watch the coming and goings.

It has been incredible to watch the group of women some of whom were friends through my Auntie Helen, support each other, and come together. There have been so many phone calls, words of comfort and support and offers for help with all kinds of skill sets.

Although I will not be able to stay long after Christmas, it's good to know I'll be leaving her with many helping hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment