Monday, December 20, 2010

Sporadic spontaneous roadtrip!

*smiles* so I got a few "Kentucky?!?" type emails ranging from pointing out my lack of geography skills (I now know that Kentucky most certainly is *not* on the coast) to asking if I'd finally jumped ship and abandoned my father. I'm not going to lie, the thought occurred to me.

But seriously, I had so much fun. I can fully admit to this now that I'm home, but I flew half way across the *another* country to meet up with some people I met... on 'the internet'. I uh, told my father before he flew home that I was visiting some friends I met at University... Heh sorry Dad, I just didn't want you to have a stroke in the States, health-care is expensive down there ;)

It was the coolest thing, I actually met people in 3 different states, and it was like I was meeting up with old friends I hadn't seen in year. I will not bore you with the details of our visits, but I found myself in comfortable company... talking and dancing in the living-room into the wee hours of the morning.

There are people who cross our paths, who against all odds, catch our attention... Each of them enriching our lives, leaving us a little better than when they found us... if we let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment