Thursday, December 02, 2010

Wrap up take 3

"There's no thrill in easy sailing when the skies are clear and blue. There's no joy in merely doing things which anyone can do. But there is some satisfaction that is mighty sweet to take. When you reach a destination that you never thought you'd make"


Although we've reached the end of this trip, and we've certainly reached a destination we never thought we'd make... especially since we weren't intending on heading this way... I find myself not even the least bit disappointed. I know it sounds a little crazy, and maybe I am... okay I'm sure you know that I am by now. But I know that the next adventure is just around the corner, and whether it comes around as a continuation of this trip... or something completely unexpected, I'm ready to try it!

I didn't know what to expect when I started this trip 4 months ago. But really the awesomness of it all has blown every preconceived idea I had out of the water. I've met so many wonderfully kind people, that they've restored my faith in humankind, and that all in all people are good.

I've seen some of the amazing things that old sailors tell tall tales about... and enough to remind me how little I really am in this beautiful universe of ours. But you know what's best of all? I got to do it all with my Dad. Because the further you go from home, the more I can see it's people that make my life special.



Thanks Dad it's been a blast!

1 comment:

  1. Connie10:47 AM

    Well it sounds like you had a wonderful adventure, but I can't wait to see you back in town. Merry Christmas Sam!!!!

    ReplyDelete