Monday, January 03, 2011

The U-joint's connected to the, axe-le...

Guess what I did yesterday?!?!

Helped the Sasquatch put new U-joints in the pick up truck! Ooooooh yeah! It was soooo cool, I got to play with power tools... and not just regular power tools, pneumatic shop power tools! *drill sounds* ;)

In preparation, because I had been regaled with tales of the subzero temperatures at the shop I wore layers... and then put on overalls, gloves and safety goggles... and then removed my down vest, wool shirt and sweatshirt...

It was really cool seeing some of the inner workings on the truck, even if every time I got really stuck with something, the Sasquatch got it working and made it look like he could have done it blindfolded.

I think one of the things I want to be when I grow up is a mechanic, even if everything that needs fixing weighs more than I do. Chalk that up on the list of truck things I can fix, along with changing oil and tires *smug look*

2 comments:

  1. Selena5:10 PM

    I *knew* it...I *knew* y'all had bigfoot up there..and you tried to tell me you didn't know anything about it! And here you are friends with him! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the safety lectures stuck and you wore safety glasses in the shop. Aunty Karen's oldest grandson, Josh, who is in the final stages of getting his electrician's ticket, was doing something with a nailgun at work and managed to put his eye out, literally. They flew him to Vancouver as Nanaimo couldn't handle his case and he now has a glass eye. It only takes a nano second to have an accident when you're tired. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete