Monday, June 01, 2009

Home is where my cell phone is

Two ball games followed by a massive 7 person wrestling match in the dark in the back yard later... which I'm sure the neighbours thought we were having a big wild monkey orgy followed by two more ball games...

Well... I'm bruised, I'm scraped, some of my muscles are sore and some of them are downright stiff but I had a great weekend.

But, I learned that sometimes stiff muscles are what remind us we're still alive in a way that sitting at your desk with your feet up on your computer tower just can't.

This weekend reminded me that there is such a thing as too fast, and that looking up at a blanket of stars with friends not only reminds you how small and insignificant you are, but how lucky you are that somehow they found you.

It also reminded me that I love nothing more than saying "Wanna see what *I* did this weekend" followed by showing off scrapes and bruises... because in a way it's the proof that I actually did something.

I also learned that offering a hand to a friend, is no guarantee they will take it, but neither does it mean they have refused your help. I think it is best said by Epicurus "It is not so much our friends' help that helps us, as the confident knowledge that they will help us."

No comments:

Post a Comment