Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I'm not against you, I'm just not really here for you either

I'm so far behind, I'll never die.

Sometimes I believe one of the things I'm supposed to do in this life, is simply to make things easier for other people. Often times its not hard to do, I learned a lot about this in Girl Guides. Making things easier for someone can be as easy as rearranging your already full arms so that you have a free hand to grab that one extra thing they haven't figured out how to carry.... to as difficult listening whether you agree with their point of view or not, or being there for them when you'd rather be anywhere else.

Now I know that my mother has a much more Darwinistic approach to this, if it does not directly benefit you then why bother? I have found however that these small gestures have come back tenfold when I least expected it.

In the spirit of this I'd just like to say, if there is someone that I'm here for be it spending time or listening to them, and it's giving you an aneurysm then too damn bad. I say this only because I don't know it all, and I'm doing the best I can with what I have to work with, and if you don't like it well get over it. I know that every argument goes both ways, and that you aren't necessarily right or wrong. That generally there are offences committed on both sides. But I'm really not here to make your life worse, but as far as I can tell I'm making theirs a little bit better, and that's really all I'm going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment