Monday, June 22, 2009

The second awesomest time I've been tagged out

So the first awesomest out would have to be the time I slid headfirst into third base for the first time ever in real game play. It was close, the throw to third was perfect, and I was definitely out, and my team didn't mind at all. They all thought it was the coolest thing evar!

This weekend marks the second awesomest time I got out. I rounded first, short had the ball and my legs slid a little further than intended on the stop. He threw the ball to first and I took off, I had to... looking... nobody on second! The ball came back, wobbly as I expected, the chick on first isn't actually expected to be able to throw well, just catch ;o) So I'm trying to run around Mr. Baseball and right beside me I'm watching him bobble the ball... I'm almost close enough. I dive. I feel the tag in mid-air and it gives me a rotation I didn't start with, I roll, I land, roll, grab the corner of second on my way by and I'm out. I was hoping that he didn't actually have the ball when I felt the tag, but somehow he did.

We were both so dusty and covered in ball dirt. The play earned me minor road rash on my left elbow and thigh, as well as a beautiful bruise on my hip. It was awesome, I would totally do it again if I had the chance, the only thing that would have made it better would have been if I was safe ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment