Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Adventures with Telus

I had no idea it would be such a big deal to get internet...

I deliberated, I waffled... I didn't need one convenient package. I have a cell phone, it makes a home phone kind of redundant... and if I had cable I would never get anything done.

I have no idea what the heck I'm going to get charged for it, but the good news is that one day Mom you will be a grandmother, I didn't trade my first born for a free xbox 360.

Anyways once I finally decided to make an executive decision and just make it all happen... I found out it would take a month to get a tech dude in to hook it all up. Seriously.

Apparently Telus is pulling the fiber optic cable as you sign up for it... So when they do their little check thingee and say "Oooh! Fiber is available in your area :)" just stick to the raisin bran.

Enter new best friend Paul. I meet him at my place... during regular working hours and he starts doing his thing... An hour later he's done everything he can without access to the electrical room.

Right, see distracted by the internet... just got an email from Dad ;)

So I get him organized with my landlady, another visit which totalled somewhere around 4 hours which luckily she was there for, and I have wireless.

I'm not exactly sure what happened but somewhere my brains must have fallen out of my head, and I let new best friend Paul set up "The Internets" *hair flip* on my laptop.

*cue Napolean Dynamite* "IDIOT!!!"

I had to uninstall the entire Telus security suite, it was making my computer so slow it felt like it was 7 years old rather than 2.

I appreciate that you want everyone to practice safe browsing, but I do that already thanks... and I have my own security set up.

No, thank you... Really... I don't need your sheep gut condom.

No comments:

Post a Comment