Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wanna go ride bikes?!?

I am such a bad blogger... I can't believe I haven't posted the adventures from two whole weekends ago!

This would be the same weekend that I took the winter tires off my car, in the morning, on a Sunday... with plans to go biking that afternoon.  My friend picked me up around 2:30, we loaded the bike, stopped and unloaded the kids and saw with some trepidation the ugly looking storm cloud that was in the vicinity of where we were going to ride bikes.


We got to the parking lot and I was immediately thankful for the sweatpants I'd thrown on... with the thought that if I got too warm I could always take them off. I'm a wet-coast girl, my Dad taught me it's all about layers. I was particularly thankful for my layers when it started to snow.

This is about where the group mentality kicked in, and we all laughed nervously and said it's okay, it'll stop soon. It's not that bad, it's not wet and sticking to everything... if we just keep moving our fingers will warm up. Right? Right. We carried on, a half hour later it stopped snowing. See we were totally right!

During one of our rest stops I realized my bike tire had a hernia?!? I guess that's what happens when you try to lift something that's too heavy for you... no, I'm not trying to say I'm getting fat. Somehow I managed to slash the outer tire without pucturing the innertube... no worries, duct tape fixes *everything*


Well my Red-Green quick fix lasted the entire 2 hour ride! We could have done without logging road grade shot rock in the middle section, but other than that it was a fantastic ride :) and not 5 mins after we got in the truck the temperature dropped from 12 degrees to 3 degrees and a torrential downpour started with some sleet thrown in for good measure.

Such an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment