Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The Captain, on various questions

Canucks stand a good chance of being consisent - and blowing it.

The working language is french - but it's tourist country so there's enough english around to make things work.  Bit frustrating though because I can't "discuss" or ask the questions I'm interested in.

Snorkelling is good.

Eating - not as well as we were.  I'm just not that interested.  The bread is really good french bread provided I get up early enough to get some before it's gone from the shelves.  I got two baggettes today - and ate one in the dinghy before I got to the boat.  The fish is great.  Red meat is scarce and pricy.  The restaurants here are expensive - but there's this really good place in Nuka Hiva ....  I like the coffee here.

Dad
-----
At 07/06/2011 5:41 AM (utc) our position was 17°28.87'S 149°48.96'W

No comments:

Post a Comment