Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Words of wisdom

The airline stewardess told me I didn't have to sit this far back... I distracted her by asking if I had the whole row to myself.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that my Grandpa flew a spitfire in the war, and walked away from 7 plane crashes. 8 if you include the plane just back from repairs he refused to fly. He had a dream it was going to crash at the end of the runway. It did, and his friend that was flying it was killed.

I was probably 7 years old when he told me to always sit as far back as you can... even if it's noisy sitting with the engines.  Airplanes, he said usually crash nose first.

Besides, I have checked luggage. No matter how fast we deplane I'll probably have to wait. I'm not in that big of a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment