Wednesday, June 08, 2011

That ball's been ThunderSTRUCK!

It was such a crazy night, I zipped up to my friend's after work and helped her move a bed. Drove a kid to soccer, played pass with my football, grabbed my ball gear, did a great taekwondo workout where I "learned" my three new defensive moves.

By learned I mean I know what the moves are now, the movements though, looks more like a puppet with early onset Alzheimers and Parkinson's... there's a distinct pause as the thought of what I'm supposed to be doing twitches through each of the incorrect limbs before finally moving the right one. Like Data driving the star ship enterprise at light speed while being tazered.

After all that I called to see if ball had been cancelled and then hauled the mail through the pouring rain to get there on time because the answer was "Of course not! Get your #$(*& up here!". I'm so glad I did, I got a home run right over the right fielder, man it felt good! *grins*

Next up to bat was pretty decent too, I got on base... and was thrown out at two after a valiant attempt to beat out the throw from the second baseman.  Luckily I don't live at home anymore, because my Mother wouldn't have let me in the house like this... I probably would've had to strip down on the back porch, not that I can blame her really ;)



I totally felt like a little kid playing out in the thunder and rain... every five more minutes we got was sacred and special because I just couldn't shake the feeling that it was like at any moment my Mom was gonna call me in :)

1 comment:

  1. Funny this is the exact image of how I picture your 'normal state of being'... ;) :P

    ReplyDelete