Tuesday, June 28, 2011

From the Captain's wife

It's hot here and no swimming in the harbour as the pollution is bad (we're pumping sewage overboard as the holding tank filled up by Thursday and spewed sewage all over dad's clean laundry - never a dull moment!). I've been treated to pancakes twice which was very nice. Sorry I can't eat bread as the loaves dad gets at the grocery look delicious. Dad's lost weight and is looking good. More white hair than at Christmas but I suspect that's the sun bleaching his hair. I've still got heat rash on my legs but doing well otherwise. I'm struggling with the language and everything being totally different and new and your dad's difficulty dealing with crowds and noise (I was enjoying the spontaneous singing while it was bugging your dad greatly.) but on the whole doing well. I'm looking forward to being able to swim in the ocean. Found your book, Sam from the Swedish author Larsson and enjoying the end of that trilogy. Will talk when I'm home.

Love you guys lots,
Mom
-----
At 22/06/2011 4:08 AM (utc) our position was 17°34.86'S 149°37.09'W

No comments:

Post a Comment