Wednesday, August 17, 2011

From the Captain...

I'm bobbing out here with the sails down and no wind - 100 m short of Aitutai Atoll  in the southern Cook Islands.  This was supposed to be a 3 day sail, but if I'm lucky I'll get there in 7!  I don't want to motor because there's a nasty noise in the drive train I thought I'd dealt with - but I was wrong.  To make matters more interesting something is hay wire with the batteries again - I think there's a dead cell somewhere but I don't want to try and sort it out here - so I run the engine and charge daily.  The weather is hot, wind is minimal.  I was doing 2 k most of the day but when the sun went down, the wind (all 3 to 4 knots of it) went down as well.  The Gribs say I should be getting 5 to 15 --- sigh.  It's supposed to pick up.

Anyway, take care and have fun.

Dad
-----
At 12/08/2011 4:48 AM (utc) our position was 18°23.96'S 158°06.06'W

No comments:

Post a Comment