Monday, November 15, 2010

Patchwork

The interface, where the ocean meets the shore. It is a blank piece of paper awaiting inspiration with bated breath...

Sparkling with anticipation the first rays of sunlight caress the ever restless waves as they roll in. Reveling in their playful eternal dance with the sand and stones of the beach. A dance as old as the ocean itself.

I leave only footprints, but what my soul takes from the solitude is immeasurable, patching holes I was never aware existed.

Making me whole again.

The patches become a quilt painstakingly made with love. Each piece a though, a moment, becomes a treasured memory. Together they tell the story of my life. Reinforcing each other, and in some places overlapping. The pieces themselves are not warm, but together they hold the heat from a fire deep within.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:33 AM

    Sammy: You're getting much more philosophical. Beautiful observations. Wish we were with you. sorry I missed your message! Love checking in each day to find out what you and the Captain are up to. Love to you both Aunt Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply beautiful...

    ReplyDelete