Wednesday, November 10, 2010

While excursioning through Santa Barbara

I have a friend who was a florist in a previous lifetime... hold that thought for a second, I just noticed this... why isn't it spelled flowerist I mean after all they're working with flowers? Anyways, back again. They have entire flocks of these birds of paradise! I guess I had just assumed that because they were so flamboyant they'd be strutting their stuff all by themselves. I'm almost certain that she already knew this however ;o)


I'm not exactly sure what this is, but if I had to guess it's got something to do with palm tree reproduction. It's succulentish (looking not tasting) and reminded me of the sacred tree in Avatar *s*


Dad on a mission (he doesn't think he walks fast). I really liked the shapley curves they put into the ceiling of a sidewalk underpass. It made it grand and pretty, rather than the usual cold dark and creepy.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the first time we sucked in to non recycled air at LAX when we went on our cruise, almost 2 years ago to the day now. Stepping out of the door the first thing that hit us was the heat. 82 in november. As I stripped off clothes left right and center while waiting for the cab, I couldn't get over all the GREEN, and the palm trees and the birds of paradise, IN THE FRICKIN CURBS! I used to pay 18 dollars a stem for those buggers and here they have them growing in the curbs. Mind blowing. Enjoy every second.

    ReplyDelete