Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blah cleaning

If cleanliness is next to Godlieness... then we rank down somewhere among the evil minions. Its not like we haven't done any cleaning, but I can't believe how dirty *under* the floorboards has gotten. Like we're talking all male frat house dirty.

Gross. Sorry if that brings anyone else repressed nightmares...

Dad and I discovered that I do not like to clean alone. Don't worry it was a good discover, he got a chuckle out of it... and I didn't feel the urge to throw anything at him. I guess it really doesn't go any faster, but it sucks cleaning... and it really sucks cleaning by yourself.

When I am cleaning by myself, I'm prone to all kinds of dark muttering taking-peoples-names-in-vain thoughts. Like 'You think I'm the only one who makes a mess around here?' even though I know full well that the faux-grass carpet is dirty because I was carving over it... or 'Are you actually expecting me to do the cleaning?' because I know he isn't, but that just leads down a road of 'Well then you must be confusing me with the cleaning lady we *don't* have'.

I did manage to get out a 'Hey can you give me a hand? ... no not this specifically... um well with anything... yeah I know you're doing boat stuff... I just don't want to be the only one cleaning' *relieved* Thanks Dad, I'm glad you see the humor in it *half grin*.

It's much better now though, and Dad re-caulked the kitchen too... he went to scrub it and parts of the sealant came off, but it looks very nice now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment