Thursday, October 28, 2010

Here comes the sun

I am one of the luckiest people in the entire world, as I was nearing the end of my second shift the sun was just starting to gently paint the sky over Monterey in water colours.


I stood mesmerized for over an hour, just watching the colours change... and then practically ran in circles like an excited puppy and peed when a pod of porpoises came and played in the bow waves! *squeee*



The porpoises playing in the sunrise was breathtaking, their charcoal greys coloured and silouetted by the reflection and background of brighter pinks, oranges and purples... Then without even a whisper a tiny little sliver of really for real sunlight sliced itself neatly into the picture. And without further ado, another day had begun.



Little did I know that the bay would be FULL of porpoises, and sea lions, and sea otters and fishermen... all kinds of cool wildlife. *mutters* stupid taking my camera off to eat breakfast, and a damn otter floated right past the boat, and didn't do the duck for cover as soon as I looked at him...Grrr.

I would also like to take a moment to um formally apologize to the dude we almost ran over though. I went to go take pictures *hold me back* and then um, well yeah... lets just say if we had coffee on I would've passed him a cup.

Back to the distraction that started it all... *grins* Yes Mom, I got some pictures this time!




And no, I'm not telling *how many* pictures I had to choose these ones from. We'll just say that you're lucky Dad's been teaching me to only show the good ones. *scuffs floor* These haven't been officially approved yet, but I guess I can tell you there were a few. *ahem* hundred *whistling innocently*.



*wavies* :)