Thursday, October 28, 2010

Here comes the sun

I am one of the luckiest people in the entire world, as I was nearing the end of my second shift the sun was just starting to gently paint the sky over Monterey in water colours.


I stood mesmerized for over an hour, just watching the colours change... and then practically ran in circles like an excited puppy and peed when a pod of porpoises came and played in the bow waves! *squeee*



The porpoises playing in the sunrise was breathtaking, their charcoal greys coloured and silouetted by the reflection and background of brighter pinks, oranges and purples... Then without even a whisper a tiny little sliver of really for real sunlight sliced itself neatly into the picture. And without further ado, another day had begun.



Little did I know that the bay would be FULL of porpoises, and sea lions, and sea otters and fishermen... all kinds of cool wildlife. *mutters* stupid taking my camera off to eat breakfast, and a damn otter floated right past the boat, and didn't do the duck for cover as soon as I looked at him...Grrr.

I would also like to take a moment to um formally apologize to the dude we almost ran over though. I went to go take pictures *hold me back* and then um, well yeah... lets just say if we had coffee on I would've passed him a cup.

Back to the distraction that started it all... *grins* Yes Mom, I got some pictures this time!




And no, I'm not telling *how many* pictures I had to choose these ones from. We'll just say that you're lucky Dad's been teaching me to only show the good ones. *scuffs floor* These haven't been officially approved yet, but I guess I can tell you there were a few. *ahem* hundred *whistling innocently*.



*wavies* :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:05 PM

    So awesome!!! Digital photos are really cheap so click away!!! Just think we used to have to consider how many clicks we did and at very least change the film after 24 shots then wait for 1 hour to get them developed at the nearest store (not something that is easily done as sea I suppose). - N S-T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:57 PM

    Thanks for all the pics Sammy! Glad you had a good start to your day :) *hugs*
    ~T

    ReplyDelete