Saturday, October 02, 2010

What was I thinking???

I woke up this morning, and this little voice inside me sucked up all the oxygen in my lungs and yelled "WE SHOULD GO FOR A RUN!" I blame this little voice solely on my friend Mitts. Because this is not a normal little voice, normal little voices you can pause, think about it, and then dismiss the crazy idea... but no, so I geared up and off I went for a run.

Now this little island that we're on, has two bridges that meet... I ran to the bridges and then had a bit of a dilemma, off towards nowhere running along the highway... or in to town? Both were equally scary, what with there being nothing more than a line designating space for a pedestrian.

I looked at my watch, sucked it up, thought skinny and ran as fast as I could across the bridge. If I had been any closer to the edge I would have been running on top of the railing. I considered it briefly actually, I have pretty good balance... but the water was pretty shallow and I figured my chances were better with the cars.

Needless to say I survived my 30 minutes of a half-jog. It felt pretty good too... until Dad and I walked all over town looking for the damn paint store. *shakes fist* stupid girl didn't pick up on the fact that we were walking and sent us to a store we gave up on.

I swear Mitts... you'll be the death of me yet ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment