Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hoooo boy

So, we didn't leave Eureka yesterday... but I think instead of a play by play of the erm drama, I'm going to tell you about all the positive things that happened. It is purely for selfish reasons, but mostly so I don't turn red with yellow polka dots, grow horns, and have my head spin around with green smoke billowing out of my ears.

1) We didn't have to use the fire extinguisher inside the cabin, because the belts didn't catch on fire and burn the boat down to the waterline...
2) Dad didn't throw the seized tension bearing overboard as far as he could
3) It didn't happen when we were out past the bar, or in the middle of nowhere
4) We didn't come to blows, and neither us or the boat was grievously injured.
5) Nothing crazy happened while we were towing ourselves with the dinghy
6) We didn't lose our space at the marina, and they were even nice enough to let us use the one next to it when that was where we 'landed'
7) All the fishermen were superwicked, helping us... um arrive, and gave Dad a ride into Arcata to get the machine shop to work on the piece he didn't throw overboard
8) We didn't actually break anything, or lose any fingers when taking what was left of the fan belts off...
9) We haven't booked a flight for home
10) I had a really good peanut butter and honey sandwich with an apple... followed by a coffee crisp, and then Mom's spaghetti for dinner. Comfort food? Definitely.

Update for today - getting the part with new bearings, installing it and skedaddling *fingers crossed* ;o)
-----
At 28/09/2010 3:57 AM (utc) our position was 40°48.44'N 124°09.79'W

2 comments:

  1. If I'd of known you where going to be in one place for so long I'd of mailed you some gingersnap cookies. (chicken soup and cheeseballs don't travel so well)

    Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm I've thought many times about your chicken soup... I'm not even kidding!

    ReplyDelete