Thursday, October 07, 2010

"Proficient"

We were over at Tony's this morning checking out the weather forecasts, and tapping into his extensive tug boat knowledge of the area... In his words "Weather's changing with a vengeance!" Basically it's doable in our little boat, but "Gentlemen don't sail in blows like this." *chuckles*

On our way out he mentioned something about getting the pictures off of his camera from the mast raising... My ears perked up, and I offered my humble assistance. *grins*

He asked "You good with those types of things?"

I answered: "I'm proficient"

I'm a trained professional just sounds ostentatious. I'm not entirely sure what that word means, but I don't think it's something I want to be.
-----
At 28/09/2010 3:57 AM (utc) our position was 40°48.44'N 124°09.79'W