Thursday, October 07, 2010

"Proficient"

We were over at Tony's this morning checking out the weather forecasts, and tapping into his extensive tug boat knowledge of the area... In his words "Weather's changing with a vengeance!" Basically it's doable in our little boat, but "Gentlemen don't sail in blows like this." *chuckles*

On our way out he mentioned something about getting the pictures off of his camera from the mast raising... My ears perked up, and I offered my humble assistance. *grins*

He asked "You good with those types of things?"

I answered: "I'm proficient"

I'm a trained professional just sounds ostentatious. I'm not entirely sure what that word means, but I don't think it's something I want to be.
-----
At 28/09/2010 3:57 AM (utc) our position was 40°48.44'N 124°09.79'W

5 comments:

  1. Where are the photos? There's a new D90 hanging from your shoulder = no pictures? Your landlocked for a week = no pictures? Floating in the middle of the big blue I'd understand no pictures, but you're in California, home of coffee bars and free wi-fi. Please post more pictures :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:40 PM

    Well said Aaren! *ahem* Pictures Lady! Miss you Sammy. *hugs* ~T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:31 PM

    os·ten·ta·tious

    –adjective
    1.
    characterized by or given to pretentious or conspicuous show in an attempt to impress others: an ostentatious dresser.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh thanks! I can't believe I spelled it properly... thank the gods for suggestive spellings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pictures... we haven't been in to the free wi-fi so I've been confined to posting text only.

    Don't worry though, I'm still taking 'em!

    ReplyDelete