Saturday, October 09, 2010

Did you know that....

While I was talking to Tony and helping him with his photos, I asked about a picture on his wall. It's a submarine going under the Golden Gate bridge...

It turns out that he was working at a museum at the time, some film company wanted the sub for a movie but it didn't run so they had to tow it. The insurance company made it part of the contract that he had to oversee all of the towing and such.

He said it was pretty funny, because every time they were filming he had to duck down between Kelsey Grammer's legs... then when they cut the scene he'd stand up check everything and then radio directions to the boats towing.

I casually asked what the movie was, already having half a suspicion... and it was! Down Periscope *s* one of my favoritest movies evar! I know, I know, it's a terrible movie... but I still love it ;o) Tony said his name is even in the credits, little and waaay at the bottom, but I thought that was still pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment