Friday, July 22, 2011

Current project status - Complete

Ever since I started here, I have been fascinated by the spindles... they're used only to hold the vast amounts of cable we go through, and then discarded once their job is done.  As many of my friends can attest, they've been put to all kinds of creative uses... frequently during Halloween. Pirate rum barrels, the tree circle from the nightmare before Christmas... stacked and wrapped in burlap, you get the idea.

Anyways when I moved into my new place, many wonderful people donated odds and ends to get me started... I even got a dining room table! But I didn't have any chairs. Then I had an idea, a marvelous idea, which when tested, revealed that two spindles stacked were the perfect height! Fate? I think not. Coincidence? Sure we'll go with that...

In any case a project was born: How to make functional stools, that looked cool but still retained enough of their rough edges that you could tell they were being re-used.

Some mahogany stain, a staple gun, a few screws and half a meter of cloth and Huzzah! I would like to present my "new" dining room stools!!!!




Projects remaining - unable to calculate. They appear to be multiplying like tribbles somewhat along the lines of a Fibonacci sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment