Thursday, July 07, 2011

It isn't what you look at that matters, so much as what you see

Summer has arrived, and I mean fashionably late sweeping into the ball room while glitter and confetti descend to the sound of singing virgins ARRIVED! It's HOT, and usually we're used to that here in the sunny Okanagan but this year we didn't exactly get eased into it. It was more of an unceremonious dumping.

I'm not complaining though, because it was pretty neat last night. I felt like a little kid biking home under the street lights... Standing up as high as I could on my pedals *high five*ing the tree branches I could reach, wind pulling at my t-shirt...  sucking in deep lungfuls, thick with the scent of recently bloomed flora.

For a few moments after passing under each streetlamp, I watched my shadow... arms spread, take flight out and away from me... it was timeless and magical and my own little piece of a Peter Pan adventure.

There really is magic everywhere, you just have to look for it! *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment