Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Happy Canada Day!


My body feels like it has been reset... after a weekend of extremes it has somehow rolled with it and taken the average... almost a calm after the storm, when the tornado has blown through and you're standing in shock looking at the wreckage wondering what you're supposed to do now.


Last night, that first real hot shower after the weekend... was bittersweet. That hot water feels so good washing off the blood, sweat and sunscreen that has literally bonded itself with the ball dirt into a second skin... but watching it run down the length of the tub and out the drain, well it about saps your remaining energy and you come down from the high of the weekend...


 Not only did you leave it all out on the field, every muscle in your body spent, every ounce of energy reserves used up... but mostly you realize that the friends you reconnected with, and the new friends you made... are people you wont see again, until the next ball tournament. You have to take the good times from the weekend and pack them up and use them to gently fill the aching space left behind.


 It occurred to me, that tournaments aren't always about playing ball, they're a reunion of sorts. When you get that many people together in one place, all with similar intentions... you're bound to find a kindred spirit or two. I'm pretty sure it's good for the soul... because that would explain the contentedness I feel rather than the ouch I was expecting.

This is ground zero, I'm pretty sure the ouch will kick in tomorrow.

I'd like to amend this to note, the ouch kicked in but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared... it's great to be alive *s*

Oh right, and we came in second... couldn't find our bats for the last game, but I guess it wasn't that important because I still had a fantastic Funtastic weekend ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment