Monday, July 04, 2011

From the Captain

We'll spend a week or so at Moorea - I feel like I should take out residency here - I've been sitting in this bay almost a month - and hopefully we'll move on to another island or two - she by plane or ferry and I'll move the boat.  I'd like to get to Huahine and Raiatea because the lagoons are supposed to be really good for diving etc, and Bora Bora.  It might be possible to leave the boat at the former for the cyclone season and come back here before heading home.  It would be a lot less effort than going to NZ and back.  It's about 76 days NZ to BC, and about 48 from here.  We'll see, I'm still processing but I do know that while I can manage the long passages, I don't like them.

Love Dad

Mom says to tell you that: "the stars are all different"
 not quite but the pointer stars on the big dipper point down to the horizon - the north star is  hiding, and there are constellations etc. I've never seen.  Can't seem to find a star chart - perhaps if I get somewhere with english it would help.  Went looking for a "fish" book and one on birds in english - best I found was a place mat with reef fish pictures and their names in french, english, chinese and latin - in small print.  It's actually good because of the size and it's laminated.  Unfortunately there wasn't one for birds.
-----
At 22/06/2011 4:08 AM (utc) our position was 17°34.86'S 149°37.09'W

No comments:

Post a Comment